To run our Club Nights smoothly, we need to know which strokes and distances each child wants to "nominate" to swim from week to week.
Distances available at each club night are:
12.5m (half the pool - swim to the rope) - children may start in the water, may dive from the pool coping (to the side of the starting blocks), or from the blocks themselves
25m (1 length of the pool) - Children should attempt to dive from the pool coping (to the side of the starting blocks) or from the blocks themselves
50m (2 lengths of the pool) - It is expected that children dive from the starting blocks
100m (4 lengths of the pool) - It is expected that children dive from the starting blocks
All nominations are to be submitted with regard to the relevant Progression Times for each stroke & distance.
New members must swim a Time Trial over 25m before being nominated for 50m/100m events unless they have transferred from another club and can provide proof of times. Younger or less experienced swimmers may commence at the 12.5m distance.
Nominate via the Swim Club Connect App:
All nominations or changes to nominations should be made in the Swim Club Connect app before racing commencing at 5.30 pm the Friday of that Club Night.
- Please login to nominate via Swim Club Connect. You need to nominate each week!
- Once logged in, select Meets from the menu item at the bottom of the screen. The Samford Stingrays Club Night will be displayed in the current meets section. Click on the chevron on the meet to see the list of events for the night.
- To nominate for the event, click on the Nominate button below that event.
- A list of swimmers attached to your profile will be presented. Tap on the nominee name and click Done to nominate for that event. If you have made a mistake, click on the cross next to the swimmer's name to remove them from that event.
- PUPS/JUNIOR RACES: This session is aimed at our junior swimmers learning the ropes with club swimming and developing their confidence. Events in this session do not attract club points, and disqualifications do not apply. If your child(ren) is fully competent in swimming all 4 strokes (25m or over), they should consider moving to Senior races.
- SENIOR RACES: All races in our senior session will accrue points towards the Club Points Championship, and all races will be refereed with the swimming rules applied. 1 distance per stroke only; 25m freestyle OR 50m freestyle OR 100m freestyle (when offered). Only the races your child(ren) is eligible for will be shown.
New members must start at 12.5m or 25m and progress from there. If your child has qualified to swim the individual medley, please select as appropriate. (Must be swimming at least 25m in every stroke to swim the 100m medley. Must be swimming at least 50m in every stroke to nominate for the 200m medley)
If you are transferring from another club and wish to start at 50m, please email our firstname.lastname@example.org to provide proof of Samford progression times being met or to discuss further.
If you need further assistance with this process, please email the email@example.com.