In order to run our Club Nights smoothly, we need to know which strokes and distances each child would like to "nominate" to swim from week to week.
Distances available at each club night are:
12.5m (half the pool - swim to the rope) - children may start in the water, may dive from the pool coping (to the side of the starting blocks), or from the blocks themselves
25m (1 length of the pool) - children should attempt to dive from the pool coping (to the side of the starting blocks), or from the blocks themselves
50m (2 lengths of the pool) - it is expected that children dive from the starting blocks
100m (4 lengths of the pool) - it is expected that children dive from the starting blocks
All nominations are to be submitted with regards to the relevant Progression Times for each stroke & distance.
New members must swim a Time Trial over 25m before nominating for 50m/100m events, unless they have transferred from another club and can provide proof of times. Younger or less experienced swimmers may commence at the 12.5m distance.
All new nominations or changes to nominations should be received prior to 10pm the Thursday before that Club Night.
Please click on the above link to submit your club night nominations, or click the quick link on the website home page.
The process is as follows:
- Create a Standing Nomination upfront for each child at the beginning of the season. Please enter a distance for each of the 4 strokes - freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke & butterfly. The distances for each stroke may be different, but please ensure that your child has met the relevant progression times if nominating for 50m events. New members will need to start at 12.5m or 25m and progress from there. If your child has qualified to swim the individual medley, please select as appropriate. (Must be swimming at least 25m in every stroke to swim the 100m medley. Must be swimming at least 50m in every stroke to nominate for the 200m medley)
- For returning members, to assist with your nominations, your child's personal best times as at the end of last season can be found here.
- If you are transferring from another club and wish to start at 50m, please email the Nominations Officer to provide proof of Samford progression times being met or to discuss further.
- These standing nominations will be automatically used each week until further notice.
- Should your child meet a progression time and need to progress up in distance, please select "Revise Standing Nomination" to make this change. Please re-enter all of the events that your child would now like to swim every week (including the changes).
- Should you need to make a one-off change (eg. your child would like to swim 100m instead of 50m in a certain week OR your child would like to swim the 200m medley instead of 100m), please select "One-off Change" and these changes will only be made for the current club night, with all distances reverting to the standing nominations thereafter.
- If you know that your child is sick or can't make it, please select "Can't make it".
If you need further assistance with this process, please email the Nominations Officer.